Sunday, January 09, 2005

Proper Bets

In my opinion one of the finest points of NL, both tournament and cash is to make the right size bets to require a call when you have the best hand. It seems to me that it is more important to underbet what would be the maximum amount they would call. While it is also important to bet more than the minumim if they will call more, the closer you get to the maximum call amount the more risk that is involved with the bet.

While it seems this judgement needs to be made on many different reads on the player(s), I see many 'bad bets' watching tables. In playing limit I use the same theory, but in a different way, if I have the nuts and I'm in EP with a bet in front of me, a calculation has to be done of if it is better and drag X number of people behind you or to raise and isolate to most likely one caller on the raise, or perhaps at times none.

It's not to often you get those hands and it seems like it is esspecially important to get as much as you can out of those pots.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home