Monday, January 31, 2005

Plumbing

I've been tilting all day. Not in the way that you know it, but the deep seeded really screws up your play, you call when you know you are behind hoping for a bad beat, you overplay your hand because the other players are that bad, and you just can't hit a flop tilting. The hands and the loses don't matter. I tried playing different places, different levels, different games, no dice. I tried breathing slowly, thinking of a plush green field with packs of wild horny naked Swedish bikini models running through it like waves hitting the beach in that hidden cove town down in Mexico. I was just lying to myself. I knew I was tilting, none of that other stuff mattered, I wasn't going to get right that way.

Too many fish, too many bad beats, too much Tilt episode 3, not enough poker. Poker at it's truest form, played, not gambled. It then hit me, I know when I feel the best, I know when I make more right plays than bad, I know one place on the internet where you can still play poker at it's most beautiful form, where outdraws happen the least: One on One NL tournament. That's where I plumb myself.

Plumb \Plumb\, a.

Perpendicular; vertical; conforming the direction of a line
attached to a plumb; as, the wall is plumb.

To make things even better this was the sort of player that has seen far too much TV, watched too much Tilt, and isn't even a home-game hero, but rather the manic that pushes chips around with his frat-boy and/or rich-boy-pseudo-hippy 'friends.' With 10/20 blinds I was subject to all-in pushes from the small blind with what I assume to be any pocket pair or a high ace. None of this panned out for him, as he was subject to a slow chipping away of his stack. There were no big hands to recall, just better play. Jebus, I'm a cocky ass, but I needed to shake this tilt.

I'm interested as to what else makes others plumb.

2 Comments:

Blogger Daddy said...

Blowjobs and burritos.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Pauly said...

LOL. Whale pussy burritos, yum.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home